Covid-19 Intervention A. Covid-19 - Palliatives
- Location: –Awayi Community – Nasarawa State
The effect of the rapidly increasing COVID-19 outbreak in Nigeria is glaring in every aspect of our society. This is especially because it affects the ability of individuals as well as small and large businesses to maintain their regular routines, thereby negatively impacting both health and
economic outcomes for the country. The current shut down of activities in most states in the country, with citizens compelled to stay at home comes with unintended consequences due to lack of basic services like water and
electricity, and no provisions of funds, food, soaps and or sanitizers.
Because most urban poor and rural Nigerians live on daily income, it was likely that the shutdown leads to hunger and malnutrition amon children, the aged and other lowincome groups. Due to high illiteracy and inadequate sensitization, there was also an increase in sickness and deaths from COVID-19 as people continue to move around and spread the virus disregarding social distancing precautions. On its part, Livebridge Charitable Foundation supported the pandemic response in different communities as follows:
- Provided food items and hygiene materials such as locally made facemask, liquid hand wash and sanitizers to low income communities/families and orphanages.
- Provide water and soap basins at strategic places in local communities.
- Creation of awareness/trainings in communities to volunteers.
- Produced flyers and posters in local Nigeria languages with correct covid19 precautions and share with influencers on the ground.
- Provided facemasks, liquid soap, facemask, gloves and other protective equipment to healthcare workers in rural primary care facilities.
Covid-19 - Palliatives B
Location: –ChristTreasured Orphanage, Gwagwalada, Abuja
Covid-19 - Palliatives C
Location: –Bako Community, Gwagwalada, Abuja
Covid-19 - Palliatives D
Location: –Ruga Community, Airport Road, Abuja (donated by the Embassy of Slobakia)
Covid-19 E - Creation of Awareness in Communities
Keep Abuja Clean – Environmental Awareness
Planting of Trees - Environmental Awareness
Schools and communities sensitization - Environmental Awareness
Children Golf Event